WHAT IS SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO)?
Search engine optimization is the practice of using ‘organic’ marketing methods (unpaid marketing methods) to increase your website’s search engine visibility, drive traffic to your website and convert traffic into loyal customers.
SEARCH ENGINES AND SEO
Search Engines seek to provide their users with the best quality, most relevant information available. Google is the largest Search Engine with Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com following.
Search Engines such as Google use highly complex algorithms to determine how relevant your website is to a search query. These algorithms take over 250 different SEO factors into consideration.
These factors include everything from:
- Standard of user interface (Mobile / Desktop);
- Age of the website (Domain authority);
- The website’s design (Functionality & User experience);
- Traffic on the website (Search relevance);
- Activity and updates (Content updates);
- Technical aspects; to
- Scrolling text, etc.
Additionally, Search Engines reward websites that consistently publish quality content by improving their search engine results and essentially making them more visible to people looking for the services or products they offer.
TYPES OF SEO:
- Technical SEO – Includes foundations such as sitemaps; robots.txt; page speed and mobile friendliness, etc.
- On-page (Content) SEO – Page titles; content audit; URL; meta-descriptions; title tags and semantic architecture.
- Off-page SEO – Includes building back-links; social citations and domain authority.
* Search Engine optimised content has the ability to drastically increase your website’s ranking without improving the technical aspects of your website.
ON-PAGE (OPTIMIZED CONTENT) DEALS WITH THREE MAIN TOPICS:
- SEO Keyword Strategy – Perform keyword analysis and select the most effective keywords. Plan to create pages using specific terms relevant to your target market.
- Site structure SEO – Making sure Search Engines can easily read and ‘understand’ your site – ensuring you don’t compete with your own content.
- Copywriting for SEO – Consists of writing so that both Search Engines and potential customers can understand the topic. Content should be of high quality- relevant, original and with good readability.
WHY IS SEO IMPORTANT TO YOUR BUSINESS?
By definition, marketing should allow you to place your business in the eyes of your consumer.
This applies to online marketing as well, however most people do not realize that search engine optimization is an especially relevant part of their business’ marketing plan.
The world of online marketing is as complex as it is diverse. It cannot be stressed enough how critical SEO is as a marketing tool for your business. Any wasted opportunity to use SEO represents missing out on incredible business benefits.
A search performed by a consumer should reflect your website right at the top of the first page of a SERP as a result of SEO executed effectively. Consequently the quality and quantity of traffic on your website will increase (resulting in the traffic to your competitors to decrease).
However it is most noteworthy that a lack of understanding of SEO can lead to your business’ online presence suffering, which will be detrimental to the overall functioning of your business. This is why it is advised to seek professional assistance with SEO.
DIGITAL MARKETING SOUTH AFRICA
Based in Cape Town, Digital Marketing South Africa offers you the opportunity to take your business to the next level. We have a team of digital and social media marketing wizards equipped with all the tools necessary to help you grow your business.
We handle all aspects of social media marketing including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram marketing, content creation and content strategy.
For more information about our online marketing services, please contact us.
ITM – WEBSITE DESIGN CAPE TOWN
It is critical that your web design be modern and use current technology.
In addition, your website should always support your marketing efforts and include elements such as Blog Engine and Social Media.
Digital Marketing South Africa utilizes the professional web design services of ITM Website Design.