Success in marketing is to generate more revenue for your business. How can marketing automation help your business achieve its goals? To generate more revenue, a business must:
- Drive traffic to its website;
- Convert said traffic into leads and
- Close those leads into customers and loyal subscribers.
The efforts of marketing automation take true effect in the conversion and closure stages of this process.
WHAT IS MARKETING AUTOMATION?
Simply, marketing automation is a term that refers to software used to automate the marketing processes. It also assists to deliver messages which are:
- Highly-targeted and
- Address specific barriers to purchase.
The software allows you to create dynamic sets of messages to send to contacts, who receive a message based on specific factors that could include:
- Where they are in the buying process;
- Their spending habits;
- A reply or non-reply to a previous message; or
- The past interactions they’ve had on your site, etc.
Additionally, it allows you to simultaneously nurture your leads throughout the buying process.
HOW DOES MARKETING AUTOMATION WORK?
Marketing automation incorporates many different aspects of business development and marketing, which includes:
- Email Marketing;
- Content development;
- Lead Generation;
- Conversion Rate Optimization and
- Inbound Marketing
There is a variety of marketing automation software out there designed to help businesses prioritize and execute marketing tasks more efficiently. It is important to monitor the prompts that lead website visitors to a sale to determine how to capitalize on those successes.
Conversely the business learns about web traffic which goes to waste, and can make alterations to their online marketing strategy to change this outcome.
B2B AND B2C MARKETING AUTOMATION
Businesses of all types and sizes can benefit. There is marketing automation software available for small or large businesses. However, whether a business is a B2B (business to business) or B2C (business-to-client) model will have an effect on the type of messaging they send in their respective campaigns. Both types have the same goal: to improve conversion and revenue, but there are differences in how they will achieve their goals.
- Lead nurturing;
- Scoring Leads and
- Lead life-cycle management.
When businesses are in the process of considering a major purchase, there are often multiple individuals involved in the decision-making process. It’s not a matter of persuading one person (as in B2C sales) but rather a group of professionals. In order for a business to establish themselves as an authority in their respective industry they must offer in-depth informational content. As a result, B2B messaging has a focus on long-form content such as e-books and case studies.
- Up-selling and
- Customer loyalty.
B2C companies focus on brand-building and giving their customers reasons to become loyal customers. B2C sales and conversion cycles move at a much faster pace, as there is usually only one or two people to convince. To get returning customers, or to promote the business, the typical B2C messaging includes: personalized product recommendations or offers which are tailored to specific types of customers.
MARKETING AUTOMATION SOFTWARE EXAMPLES
- Behaviour-Based Automation; List-building and Lead Scoring
- Built-in CRM or Integration with 3rd-Party CRMs (like Salesforce)
- Email A/B Testing
- API Access
- Google AdWords Integration
- Revenue Reporting
10 BENEFITS OF MARKETING AUTOMATION
- Identify and monitor your website’s traffic.
- Use behavioural-based tracking to understand what motivates each click on your website.
- Build stronger relationships with customers through delivering individually-tailored content – this assists to increase conversions and revenue.
- Understand your potential customers via building persona based email marketing with work flow campaigns- send the right information to the right people at the right time.
- Improve conversion with dynamic form building and auto-completion for known visitors.
- Track prospects from creation to sales closing and take full control over your data.
- Convert visitors to leads by building great landing pages.
- Justify your hard work and investment with powerful data analysis metrics and customised reports.
- Integrate with hundreds of 3rd party software providers via Sharpspring.
- Free-up some time while not compromising the authenticity of your content.
DIGITAL MARKETING SOUTH AFRICA
If you are not using your website and email as tools to market your business you’re missing out on potential customers, sales and conversions. Digital Marketing South Africa can help you take your business to the next level. We have a team of digital wizards equipped with all the tools necessary to help you grow your business online.
We handle all aspects of online marketing, including:
- Marketing Automation
- Content Creation
- Content Strategy
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Social Media Marketing (managing and sharing across all social networks)
- Email Marketing
- Pay Per Click
Feel free to contact us for more information about our online marketing services.
ITM – WEBSITE DESIGN CAPE TOWN
It is critical that your web design be modern and use current technology.
In addition your website should support your marketing efforts and include elements such as a blog and Social Media.
Digital Marketing South Africa utilises the professional web design services of ITM Website Design.