Content marketing is not a new practice that came with the digital age. No, it came to be long before the age of digital and online marketing. In fact, content marketing is a practice that has been around for hundreds of years.
It can be found in any piece of content that offers valuable, relevant or educational information. This information assists to attract and retain a loyal and defined audience as well as to drive profitable customer action.
The methods may have evolved over the years however the formula has stayed largely the same. It’s the same formula used to get people to buy your products. However content marketing is not about the product or sale.
The wording around may slightly differ, but they all come to the same conclusion.
- Push on an individual’s pain point
- Agitate that pain
- Solve their problem
Why is this? Because it works.
WHAT IS CONTENT?
Content is a part of all types of marketing.
This includes every landing page; email; post; product description or tweet. It could be an image; infographic or video.
Content is anything that is used to communicate a message to the audience.
Thus it is easy to see that it is of the utmost importance to have the best quality content.
Especially as we live in a world that is full of informational clutter.
When one thinks about the digital world it is clear that quality content is a part of all types of marketing:
- Content strategy – Content strategy should be part of any content marketing strategy.
- Inbound marketing – Content is critical to drive inbound traffic and leads.
- Social media marketing – Content marketing comes before planning a social media strategy.
- SEO – Without content, there would be nothing to optimize. Search engines reward businesses that publish consistent quality content.
- PR – Any PR strategy will address issues that the audience cares about, not necessarily their business.
- PPC – If you want clicks, you best have incentive in the form of quality content.
WHAT IS CONTENT MARKETING?
Content marketing involves the use of high quality, well-placed content in order to attain a strategic goal for your business.
Content marketing is about presenting educational information- information which is solid and valuable to the viewer- that is not about the product or service on offer.
Rather, it would offer some information that could assist the audience in their lives or give more insight into what they are seeking.
The golden rule is always: have quality content at the core of your marketing.
Content marketing helps one to create a rich backstory for their business in the form of offering related and interesting information around their area of expertise.
This allows relationships to be made between your business and target market.
The goal is to offer such high quality information that:
- Your business becomes the authority on the subject and
- Your audience becomes loyal to your brand or business.
Therefore your content should be so exceptional that in time your business turns visitors to customers and ultimately into passionate and loyal subscribers.
Content marketing for a dentist would include posting quality content – blog posts, articles and infographics – about:
- What causes Bad breath;
- How tooth whitening works
- What to look for in a mouthwash;
- What causes Tooth decay;
- Toothache hacks;
- What to do in tooth emergencies; or even something more light-hearted such as
- Educational tooth health games for children.
In order to build a trusting relationship with their audience.
BENEFITS OF CONTENT MARKETING
- Search engine’s favour relevant high-quality content;
- Increase website traffic;
- Cost savings;
- Increase in brand awareness and popularity;
- Provides valuable data that can be used to optimize your digital marketing;
- Increase in conversions and
- Turn visitors to loyal subscribers
DIGITAL MARKETING SOUTH AFRICA
Your website and email are incredible tools to market your business online. If you do not utilize them, you are sure to miss out on potential customers, sales and conversions. Digital Marketing South Africa can help you take your business to the next level. Our team of digital wizards are equipped with all the tools necessary to help you grow your business online.
We handle all aspects of online marketing, including:
- Content Strategy and Marketing
- Marketing Automation
- Content Creation
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Social Media Marketing (managing and sharing across all social networks)
- Email Marketing
- Pay Per Click
Feel free to contact us for more information about our online marketing services.
ITM – WEBSITE DESIGN CAPE TOWN
A website is important, but it is critical that your web design be modern and use current technology.
In addition, your website should include elements such as a blog and Social Media in order to support your marketing efforts.
Digital Marketing South Africa utilises the superior professional web design services of ITM Website Design.